Friday, May 02, 2008

King in a Cage, With Correction

GM James Plaskett points out that in a post from last year, A Beautiful Win by GM Plaskett, I had linked to the wrong entry on his very interesting blog.

Because it has a Chess Publisher game embedded it's very difficult to edit the old post, and because the game itself is well worth seeing again, I reprint the post here with the right link where you'll be able to peruse the series of coincidences surrounding the game.
_________________________________________________________________

(March 30, 2007)

As mentioned below I recently added GM James Plaskett's Living the Dream: A Coincidence Diary to my links. While his blog is primarily about coincidence and synchronicity, it does have a good deal of chess content, including a beautiful miniature contained within this post:

Hastings Challengers, 1988
White: Lopez
Black: Plaskett

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 e6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nc6 5. Nc3 a6 6. Be3 Qc7 7. Be2 b5 8. f4 Bb7 9. Bf3 Na5 10. Qe2 Nc4 11. 0-0-0



Nxb2! 12. Kxb2 Ba3+! 13. Kxa3 Qxc3+ 14. Nb3 Bc6 15. Bc5 a5 0-1

Every Sicilian player's dream game!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is cool. I like the pic on the top.

AM
womancandidatemaster.blogspot.com

ChargingKing said...

Hey Robert. I posted a blog on our game. Be sure to leave your input!!

firdaus said...

hey this blog is great. I’m glad I came by this blog. I'll add some info from this website into my website. I beg permission.
http://chess-tutorial.com/