Friday, March 20, 2009

Maggots v. Hydrogel: You Decide

Researchers comparing maggots with a standard "hydrogel" in treating leg ulcers found little difference.

Thank goodness.

I'm probably more "scientific" than most, but even if the maggots were, say, 10 percent more effective I would still want the hydrogel rather than have fly larvae squirming around under the bandages...but that's just me.

On the other hand, if they ever have to reattach my thumb or some other part I have no problem with using leeches to help make sure it stays reattached.

You can call that speciest discrimination, but I don't give a damn.

2 comments:

wang said...

Well my friend, the truth finally comes out...You're a SPECIST!

I would have suspected BDK or even chessloser, but you?!? I am truly saddened by this turn of events.

By the way, I would take neither. Definitely no maggots crawling around underneath my bandage and no leaches on my thumb either.

Actually I'm a specist, your just a bigot. Difference, I'm more dedicated :D

Anonymous said...

When it comes down to it, if there's non-immoral method to reattaching body parts...yeah, I'm there 100%.

"So remember, choose one day of the week to take the cow pus pill and sniff Dennis Rodman's toejam."

"Whatever it takes, doc."

"And you have to eat at least 1 McChicken sandwich a day."

"On second thought..."